Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3 swordsmiths and a soldier

This is a pair of tattoos started in the past week. Both will end up full color, and both have a long way to go. I have been really excited with the tattoos I have had the opportunity to work on lately.

For each of the two tattoos I ended up taking few perspectives. They both wrap around an arm, so single photos don't really do them justice.

I hope y'all are doing well.
-Scott

First is a revolutionary soldier. This is the first section of what will be a 3/4 sleeve. This fellow is representing the idea that he would rather cut off his own arm, than live under tyranny. There was a flag from the texas revolution against mexico that showed a bloody arm holding a saber. We applied that same theme to an American Revolutionary War soldier. The rest will be a composition patriotic and cultural iconography. I'm so excited to do this it's silly.







And...
This one is the start of another sleeve where there is a samurai master swordsmith and his two aids hammering out a sword. It was fun trying to find the type of hammers and garb to be accurate for the characters. There will be an image of a spirit behind them granting the gift of their ability. I love my job.





No comments:

Post a Comment