Monday, August 31, 2009

Too much.

Ok so it’s been quite a while since my last blog. It sure as hell hasn’t been a result of slacking off. There have been some pretty major changes around the shop. Some changes came via drama, and some the way of renovation and progress.


The progress is the important part of the story. Drama is best kept in the realm of daytime television. As soon as 2 of the 4 tattooists at the shop were gone, all of the tension and self-absorbed attitude got washed away literally and figuratively. It opened up the opportunity to start long planned renovations. I’ll post photos when it is all completed but I must tell ya, it really is starting to look like the shop I have wanted for a long time. New floors, new reception area, new windows, new lights, new paint, and a few good friends to help make it all come to life. There’s still a bunch of cleaning and finishing to be done, but it really makes coming into the shop a great feeling. It’s hard not to be motivated when your surroundings just feel right.


All the while I have been tattooing a ton, and trying to keep on top of drawings and preparations for my appointments. There have been some really serious customers with super intriguing ideas coming in lately. From Halloween themed sleeves, to tiki gods creating the heavens and the seas, I have definitely had some fun ideas to run with. Oh and did I mention zombies, lots and lots of zombies. Burning zombies, flesh eating zombies, and even a pile of zombies being run over by a tank driven by a cigar smoking poodle. So yeah, I’ve had some fun ideas to play with.



____________________________________________________

With all that has been going on it’s crazy to think of all that is coming up. We are having a dear friend, Turk, return to the shop for a week of guest artist stunts from Sept. 15 through the 20th. He was around in the spring and worked on yours truly as well as Holly and a bunch of friends. I’m not going to spend an entire paragraph praising the guy, but suffice to say I can’t wait to have my arm finished. Hopefully while in town we can get out and see the area a bit. There is a ton of history and art around here to be seen, and I rarely take the chance to appreciate it. Visitors really can make you appreciate where you call home.


After the guest spot, Turk and I are off to London for the London Tattoo Convention. We will be in London for a week, and that trip can’t get here soon enough. It was a great show last year, and I’m sure it will be at least as much fun this year. I look forward to seeing some friends I really only get to see a few times a year. And beyond that it will be nice to get some quiet time. Last year I had a day walking throughout the city going from pub to pub. That may have to be revisited.


After the convention, we will be planning the 4th Pushing up Pumpkins Halloween art show. It should be a perfect way to kick off the new look at the shop. The opening night will be Sunday October 25th. Just sayin’.

So that is enough update for now. I’ll post photos as soon as I get the opportunity. Till then, be well!

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment